Here ate 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about me.
1. I never learned how to swim despite having almost drowned in Sesame Place when I was 10.
2. I’ve lived in NY since I was 4. I always wanted to live somewhere else and experience new things. However, when I finally moved away and lived in PA for 3 years-it ended up being a very bad experience.
3. The only good thing to come from living in PA and going to law school was meeting my husband.
4. The older I get the more cynical I am about people and their motives for doing things. I don’t have a large circle of friends, but the ones I do have I am thankful for and their friendship means a lot to me.
5. I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but I love apple or key lime pie and anything with caramel.
6. I am a die hard Mets fan and have been since I was in elementary school. I always find it funny when fans of other teams feel compelled to criticize the Mets due to their “underdog” status—get a life!
7. I lost 2 pregnancies in the past 12 months and can't decide whether I can go through that again, both physically and emotionally. This decision keeps me up nights and I think about this daily.
8. I kind of fell into the career I have, but it never felt like it was the right fit for me-I just feel it’s too late to change now.
9. I am a dog person and really love having my dog. I’m always amazed at how happy she is to see my husband and me every day when we get home. No matter how bad my day was, she always makes me smile.
10. I hate long car rides. Any more than three hours in a car and I go stir crazy.
11. I measure how good any vacation is by determining whether or not I could see myself living in that location. So far, San Francisco, Napa, and Paris are my top destinations.
12. I can easily sleep 10 hours a day, but I can never fall asleep earlier than 11:30 or take a nap throughout the day.
13. I was obsessed with Wonder Woman when I was a little kid and really believed that if I tried hard enough I could somehow “channel” her superpowers. As a result, I lost a baby tooth by leaping off a very high concrete front stoop and have had many other lose calls.
14. I really enjoy photography and always regretted never having taken any photography classes.
15. I like how massages ultimately make my stiff muscles/joints feel, but I hate it while I’m getting them.
16. In case time travel is ever an option- I would love to meet my husband as a little kid. He’s led a very interesting life and it would be cool to meet him in his formative years.
17. I had been dating my husband for one month before we moved in together-which lead to us eloping 2 years later. This was definitely out of character for me, but it was the best decision I ever made and I have never regretted it.
18. My favorite color is a deep brick red. For any fellow knitters out there, Madelinetosh's colorway, tart, is the best red ever.
19. Whenever I crave comfort food my mom’s Cuban food is exactly what I need.
20. I don’t go to church nor do I consider myself a religious person, but I always say a little prayer in my head when my flight takes off.
21. I’d rather watch a movie in the comfort of my home than be stuck sitting near someone who won’t shut up during the whole movie—or worse yet, getting stuck having to sit in the first row because there aren’t enough seats.
22. English is not my first language. To this day I still have trouble saying certain words in English.
23. I suck at making small talk with strangers, which is why I always hit the nearest bar before being stuck in those situations. Alcohol truly is the best social lubricant.
24. Since falling down the subway stairs and breaking my wrist I have ridiculous fear of falling and as a result go down stairs so slowly you’d think I was 90.
25. I can’t stand the taste of liver, onions, or capers.
Currently reading:The Girl Who Played with Fire
Currently listening to: Lost
Just returned from Banff and it was amazing. More on this trip later, but I'll leave you with a few lovely pictures: